|Celebrate summer with a real New Orleans-style shrimp boil. In this traditional one-pot dish, the shrimp, corn,
onions and potatoes are cooked together in a spicy, flavorful broth.
20 pounds Head-On Gulf Shrimp
4 pounds small red potatoes
3 pounds onions
2 pounds Smoked Cajun Sausage
3 bags Seafood Boil Mix
1 8-ounce bottle Liquid Seafood Boil
10 ears of corn on the cob, halved
65 ounces salt
2 8-pound bags of ice
Servings: Serves 10
1. Wash the shrimp. Wash potatoes, cut onions in half vertically from stem to base, and cut lemons in half crosswise. Cut the sausage links into 3-inch pieces.
2. Fill a 60-quart pot half-full of water. Light the fire on the seafood boiler and begin to heat the water.
3. Add the potatoes, onions, lemons, bagged crab boil and liquid crab boil.
4. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. As the water nears boiling, taste the water by catching a few drips from a spoon on a finger. It should taste almost too spicy. If it doesnt, add more crab boil. Bring the water to a rolling boil and boil for 10 minutes.
5. Add the shrimp, corn, and sausage. Make sure all the ingredients are covered by water. Return to a boil, and boil for just 3 minutes.
6. Turn heat off and add the salt. Stir the water with a paddle or by carefully and slowly sloshing the pot liner up and down. Add the ice and when it has nearly melted, mix the water again. Allow the shrimp to soak in the water until the seasoning in the shrimp is strong enough for your taste. Sample the shrimp periodically. When the seasoning is right, remove the shrimp and drain.
Supplies on our Website
Giant Head-On Wild Gulf Shrimp: The mail ingredient for this recipe!
We ship these giant Wild Gulf Shrimp throughout the country.
And our prices include FedEx Overnight shipping costs
Popular Louisiana Seafood Boils & Spices: Click Here to check out our favorite selections of Dry and Liquid Seafood Boil and Seasoning Spices.
Click to Browse our Complete Line of Bayou Classic Outdoor Cookware
Or click these links to see our Bayou Classic 60 Qt Stockpot, and our
SP10 High Pressure Outdoor Cooker and
KAB6 High Pressure Burner